Motorcycle Accidents – Tips
Serving Buffalo, New York
The injuries and trauma that result from motorcycle accidents usually range from serious to life threatening. You need to act fast and do everything you can to get yourself and other injured parties medical help. Whether you are a resident or a tourist in the Buffalo area who has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should follow the steps outlined below:
- Call 911 for an ambulance – even if you don’t think you’re hurt, it is crucial that you are checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Ninety-eight percent of all motorcycle accidents result in serious injury and you may be in shock. If you are unable to use a phone, yell for help.
- Obtain as much information about the other party as possible – if you are not too hurt to do so, get the driver’s license number and vehicle and insurance information for every party involved in the car accident.
- Get the contact information for potential witnesses – if witnesses saw the motorcycle accident take place, write down their contact information and ask them to give a statement to police when they arrive. Witnesses often play crucial roles in motorcycle accident personal injury lawsuits.
- Take photographs of the accident scene – if you have a camera or someone else at the motorcycle accident scene does, take pictures of the accident location and all vehicles involved. Try to capture the vehicle damage and any road signs present or skid marks on the road. Pictures are often presented as evidence in motorcycle accident lawsuits.
- Call an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer – if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you will need a motorcycle accident lawyer to organize a thorough investigation and represent you in court. You can reach our motorcycle accident lawyers at 716-854-0700. We don’t charge legal fees unless your case is won in court or settled out of court, so call us as soon as you can.
- Focus on you recovery – the motorcycle accident experts at Feroleto Law will manage the investigation and all the legal action you need to take in the days and weeks following your accident. Your only focus should be recovery.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a motorcycle accident in the Niagara or Buffalo, New York area, you should contact Feroleto Law to schedule a free consultation today. Our motorcycle accident lawyers can determine if you have a solid case and make sure you get the restitution you are entitled to.
438 Main Street • 910 Main Court Building • Buffalo, NY • 14202 • (716) 854-0700