Serving the Workers Compensation Claims of Buffalo, New York
There are many construction and industrial jobs in the Buffalo, New York area that could put employees in harm’s way if the proper precautionary measures are not taken. That is why your employer is legally obligated to abide by Federal and State laws created to ensure your safety on the job. When workers are injured, their employer’s workers compensation insurance carrier must provide and pay for the cost of medical care necessary as soon as possible. This includes but is not limited to:
- Emergency room visits
- Physical therapy
- Travel costs to medical facilities
If a worker who is injured on the job is not able to perform the same job after recovery, the employer is legally responsible to provide vocational rehabilitation and training.
If you have been injured on the job near the Niagara or Buffalo, New York area, you can contact the workers compensation lawyers at Feroleto Law to discuss your case today.
- How many work-related accidents take place annually?
- In 2000, there were over 3.9 million disabling work injuries in cities like Buffalo and across the U.S.
- What types of injuries can be considered work-related?
- Any injury that occurs while you’re at work can be considered a work-related injury. They’re usually classified into two types:
Traumatic injuries and occupational disease. Traumatic injuries are caused by a specific event or series of events. Occupational disease is produced over a period of more than two consecutive days (e.g. exposure to toxins, continued or repeated stress and strain, a loud working environment, etc.).
- What if I work for the federal government and have been injured on the job?
- If you work for the federal government in the Buffalo, New York area, you are excluded from New York state workers’ compensation. Instead, you would receive workers’ compensation benefits under a separate federal law.
If you have been injured on the job and need an experienced lawyer to represent you in a third party claim, contact the work injury attorney of John Feroleto Attorneys at Law today. We will fight for your rights and get you the compensation you deserve. We work on a contingency basis, so don’t hesitate to schedule a free consultation with us today.
- What should I do if I’ve been injured on the job?
- You should seek emergency medical help immediately if you’ve been severely injured and then report the work injury to your employer. Don’t sign any documents from your employer or their insurance company regarding the injury without speaking to an attorney. Depending on how severe and disabling the injury is, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and may be able to sue for compensatory damages.
Generally, work related injuries are covered by Worker’s Compensation. However, there are exceptions and the interplay of laws between Worker’s Compensation and civil court cases is complex. The Worker’s Compensation carrier may seek reimbursement of all funds spent on medical bills and Worker’s Compensation payments. Worker’s Compensation’s payments may only represent a small part of actual lost wages. The work injury attorney at John Feroleto Attorneys at Law are experienced in handling these issues and have successfully represented workers in many construction site, industrial and other types of work-related injuries.
438 Main Street • 910 Main Court Building • Buffalo, NY • 14202 • (716) 854-0700